Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monday's die-hards

Discussion on the net was mostly related to the new 224.280 and 927.5375 KCØLUN repeaters that were recently brought on-line. Some folks, including myself, have taken the plunge on 220 and 900 gear. Looking forward to using those bands. It's been very interesting to see how well 220 and 900 work in some cases. I'm pretty amazed with what I can hear on 220 as far as mobile stations. I was able to hear KBØNHX mobile direct from Spokane (about 25 miles). That's not too bad. I attribute that to two things. Lower noise on 220 and that the receiver in the Icom IC-37A is a bit better than some of the newer FM rigs of today.

Thanks to Nixa Amateur Radio club for taking on the goal of having five repeaters on the air and linkable. I'm sure this will be an asset to the amateur radio community as well as a great way to keep the bands active.

Here's the fine folks that checked in with us...

KBØNHX, James, Nixa
KCØTQD, James, Springfield
KCØTCF, Bill, Bois 'D Arc (pronouced Bo Dark)
KØAWD, Alan, Springfield
KØDPS, Doug, Ozark
KE7ABH, David, Springfield (crossband link)
WBØQIR, David, Springfield


That is all,

Jeff / KCØVGC

No comments: